Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Striving for multitude? Meaning?

In the end of many of the job advertisments that I read these days, it says something about the company, municipality or who ever the employer is, strives for a ethnic and cultural multitude, even distribution in terms of sex/age etc. That is excellent but what I am wondering about is, what "kind" of people are the specific employers actually looking for? If the job is in the health care sector, they probably could use more male applicants (which they also sometimes point out), if they are looking for a stockkeeper*, they could use more women or if it is something that has to do with a golf club, they "should" probably look for immigrants... What about the rest? The jobs that are not that "obvious"? Some places are maybe already full of a specific "kind" of people depending in what part of town it is situated etc. It is hard to know how the employers work with the multitude goals, if they really strive for it or if they just write about it because it sounds good. Anyway, how can I know which "part of me" that I should point out or speak less about (if any) according to the employer/ad?

About working... I slept while my dad was working, many, many years ago. I was obviously both tired and bored (I prefered when my brother was the babysitter, bringing me with him to his friends, parties and many other, very "cool" things!). You can imagine how discrete my dad was while taking pictures on some breaking-up days** ;-)


* lagerarbetare
** skolavslutningar

No comments: