Saturday, December 30, 2006

Marriage

Lately I have realized that there are more and more people "around" me that are getting married. Very few of them have been expected! Some do it very quickly after meeting each ther (or at least becoming a couple), some do it without their parents knowing it, some do it with hardly any forewarning (1 week before) and some do it after years together and a few years apart and then after being together again. Some in churches, some by the see, some with a friend as a the priest somewhere outdoors, some in a civil wedding. There always seem to be some kind of story behind it, some more clear to me than others. I am happy for all of them even though I in some cases don't understand the context and I wish I did. I don't like to be kept out...

For you my married friends and for everybody else...
Jarabe de Palo: Bonito, todo me parece bonito... Everything is beautiful!
(sorry if my translation isn't very good)


Bonito, todo me parece bonito
la vida es un chiste con triste final
el futuro no existe pero yo le digo...
Bonito, todo me parece bonito

Beautiful, everything seems beautiful to me
life is a joke with a sad ending
the future doesn't excist but I tell you...
Beautiful, everything seems beautiful to me

Bonita la paz, bonita la vida
bonito volver a nacer cada día
bonita la verdad cuando no suena a mentira
bonita la amistad, bonitala risa
bonita la gente cuando hay calidad
bonita la gente que no se arrepiente
que gana y que pierde, que habla y no miente

beautiful peace, beautiful life
beautiful who are reborn every day
beautiful truth when there is no sound of lies
beautiful friendship, beautiful smile
beautiful people when there is heat

beautiful people who don't regret
who win and lose, who speaks the truth

Bonita la gente que viene y que va
bonita la gente que no se detiene
bonita la gente que no tiene edad
que escucha, que entiende, que tiene y que da

Beautiful people who come and go
beautiful people who don't hold back
beautiful people who don't age
who listen, who understand, who have and give

Bonita la gente cuando es de verdad
Bonita la gente que es diferente
Que tiembla, que siente, Que vive el presente
bonita la gente que estuvo y no está.

Beautiful people when they are for real
Beautiful people who are different
who tremble, who feel, who live in the present
beautiful people who were and no longer are.

No comments: