Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Public exposure? Go to Olofsson/Vero Moda

Imagine you walk into a clothing store and grab some things you want to try on. You walk into the fitting room, starts taking of your clothes and in that very moment a head pops up in the mirror, looking down at you, asking "Can I help you?".

Imagine this happens maybe not every time you visit that specific store but rather often. You have never experienced it anywhere else ever. When you finally ask a person in the store if it is a policy to do that, they say yes, saying that they do it because most of the shop lifting takes place in the fitting room.

I asked that and I also asked how they could thing it was ok to do that thing to anyone, making them feel very uncomfortable, exposed and without any possibility to get away. Always risking being seen almost naked by a perfect stranger + the fact that they assume you are committing a crime?

Answer: The rather short guy that I was arguing with, said that he had never seen anyone in just underwear (I thought quietly it is just because he can't see over the door), as if that mattered. The main thing he said was that the store is private area and they do what they want.

I said that I am, after 4 years as a costumer, never going to buy anything there again, then I left.

What store am I talking about? Olofsson (which has the same owner as Vero Moda, which used the premises before and had the same policy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aparently the shop attandant doesn't understand the key value of customer satisfaction. I'd say it's rude to disturb when someone is trying out the products unless he or she explicitly asked for help. It's wise of you to turn your back on the store, and by all means do spread the word.

Natasja said...

Yes, it's plain rude. Policies or not, it's still rude.