Tuesday, November 06, 2007

AI-meetings

The feeling I've had before came more clear to me last night. I went to a Amnesty meeting (a little larger, monthly one) and as soon as I stepped into the room, all the bad thoughts I had before just disappeared. I had thought about things that had happened lately and several weeks ago, everything just spinning around as usual in my crowded head. I felt annoyed and frustrated. After the meeting I just felt good and calm, even though the meeting finished with an hour long "lecture" about what the Red Cross' Treatment Center for people exposed to torture and who are hurt by war held by a woman working there. So even if the evening ended with talk about posttraumatic stress etc., I felt so good afterwards. It's something about the people there, always nice and friendly, everyone having basic values that I agree with (which for me is relaxing), having fun although the subject usually not tend to be at all as amusing. Well, I like it.

No comments: