Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wise words

...that and opinions and information, was what my father just wrote me in an email that he expects of me in this blog. Hm, wonder what he thought about me talking about my old nickname and my crappy nose...and God for that matter? Wise enough? He can't complain, he stands for 50 % of the shaping of me, and obviously that includes nosetalks among other things.

I actually liked my teacher today. He agreed with some of the things I said in a discussion. :-) I like to feel smart, or so I tell my self that I am (=ignoring all the people there who have thought and read so much more about certain subjects and express them very well and complicated enough to make it sound ever smarter). I felt really stupid the other day when I TRIED to do some parts of a test on the Internet to enter a very specific course/program. Why didn't I inherit 50 % of my fathers general knowledge?! I think I have to start a course of my own called "Read every newspaper, both in the future and 50 years back". There are people who managed to do that when they were in my age, that and more. Impressing. I've got a lot to do.

I feel like I should write something wise and informative now. ....so I go and search for something intersting in a Swedish newspaper (DN), and look what I find! About Slovakia of all places, which isn't very common! The Slovak socialdemocratic party, SMER, which leads the Slovak government is barred from the European socialdemocratic party. The reason is that they are in coalition with the extrem right, SNS. Their leader has made crude statements about the roma people and the Hungarian minority in the country. When SMER decided to cooperate with SNS after the election in June this year, I could think of many bad words. That was the worst possible choice they could have made. Could you Swedes imagine the socialdemocrates here in Sweden enter a coalition with sverigedemokraterna (Swedish SNS)?! No way!

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1042&a=580187&previousRenderType=6

By the way. Another thing to think of when you vote for a party, any party, one should never forget that a vote for a national party is a vote for the whole group in EU. E.g. giving your vote to the relatively moderate Christian party in Sweden is supporting the Christian Polish party among others...and you do know what Poland wants within the EU, don't you?!

http://www.rfsu.se/gor_abort_till_en_rattighet_i_eu!.asp (första bästa träff jag fick) (Slovakia is also mentioned there. The abort question was one of the things that in the longrun that actually cased the early election in the country, but that is another story, but it included their Christian party of course). Btw, it dies about 70 000 women every year because abort it's not legal in many parts of the world. Something to think about. "Men alla håller inte med om att Sverige har agerat särskilt kraftfullt, i alla fall inte inom EU. Birgitta Ohlsson, folkpartistisk riksdagsledamot har motionerat i riksdagen om att Sverige bör verka för att fri abort ska bli en rättighet inom EU men fått avslag." (But not everyone agrees that Sweden has acted very powerfull, at least not within the EU. Birgitta Ohlsson, MP, has put forward a bill about that Sweden should work for that free abortion should become a right within EU but the proposal was rejected." (http://www.ordfront.se/Ordfrontmagasin/Artiklar/sverigessvek.aspx) Sweden might do a few/many good things within the EU, but there is no thing as doing enough. It anyone did that, there would not exist so many problems. So, Sweden is definitely not doing enough.

I heard somewhere that Anna Politkovskaja lived in the most dangerous countries in the world, that is for people with her profession. Good that we don't live there dad...or at least you :-/

Sueña con los angelitos folks...I got to go to bed, even my nose is getting cranky because it's tired.

*zzzzoming out*

No comments: