Monday, October 16, 2006

When is involuntary pain ok?

Oh, right, the word "involuntary" obviously indicates that it never is. It's like saying that rape is ok sometimes. I actually have met a person who thinks that Guantanamo is ok and that some torture is ok too. Usually I really don't mind when people are a bit different from everyone else, for me common = boring, but certain things are just not ok! He actually said that torture is not forbidden. Oh I love when people think that they know more than a person who actually read/heard anything what about something, and even someone who studied HR for an entire year. But, it's a "known fact", according to me, that the less a person actually knows a about something, the more convinced is he/she that he/she is absolutely right.

An antitorture blog:
http://palady.wordpress.com/2006/05/22/


When a question is asked, it this or that ok and the answer is "yes", there is a extremly easy way to check the answer. What if YOU are in that position or YOUR son/daughter is in that position? Would you think that torture or death penalty is accepatable then? I had that discussion whith a man on the street a couple of weeks ago. I asked him, what if it was his son in that chair (we had a huge, electric chair with us, not real, but almost a replica) and he refused to answer. He said that it would be unthinkable that his son would do any harm and that the question is hypothetical => irrelevant. Logically that would mean that the frequent question "what if it was your daughter that was raped and murdered?" is totally irrelevant since it's hypothetical. Such logical thinking is waaay beyond many people's braincapacity.

Since I know that people don't like to read anything that takes more than 30 seconds to read, I found a short article IN ENGLISH...just for you guys. Me = nice ;-)

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/stoptorture-issues-eng

and another in Swedish, which I didn't look for, you know, surfing...

http://net11.amnesty.se/www/wk/tortyr27805

and a tiny bonus link. I can't help myself.

http://net11.amnesty.se/www/tema/tortyr


Now I am going to go somewhere else and be pissed of. My couch looks friendly.

No comments: