Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Where are you from?"

Sometimes I wonder the "point" of being from a certain part of the world. People can rarely guess where people are from, they (including myself) simply can't pinpoint facial features that sometimes are more or less specific for certain populations. People (usually people who are not Swedish) have guessed that I am from Russia, Turkey even China once, and many other places, but never the right one. That at the same time as Swedes in general never ask me where I am from. Strange but interesting. It shows that when people mix with eachother as they do, it matters even less where you are from really, or it should at least. Somehow it seem important to some people to know the origin of others. Do they want to know if he or she can identify him or her self with me or not? Do they want to know on who's side I'm on? Is Sweden among other places that segregaded? I honestly don't know.

About looking different, one song by Britney that I actually like and I don't mind her motorcycle ride...

No comments: