Saturday, January 06, 2007

What's the problem?

Sometime you just think of something that reminds you of something good in your life, a person, an event, a time of your life. I am as usually these days sitting and writing. Sometimes it is more fun to write the final words even it you are not done with the middle and I think I have found the "perfect" final line... A certain Cecilia once gave me a chance of a lifetime and I took it and I am very grateful for the chance I got. The experience gave me so much, some really good things and some really bad things (that still bother me and make me sad) but as another very wise woman always says, "there is nothing bad that doesn't contain something good". So I try to see the bad things as useful lessons. (the main one so far: Some people are idiots that you should stay far away from, they seem nice in the beginning but they are everytjing but...)

One thing I already knew (that has nothing to do with my bad experiences) was that people are stupid that think that "we" are so much better than "them", whether it is within Sweden or outside of Sweden. What is most important, to stay as you are and protect what you consider to be "yours" or to learn and appreciate also what is different from what you know and are used to? We are just one among many!

I think Cecilia is worthy of the final words in my text since she was the one givning me this chance which led me to chose a very specific subject to spend my final months in school thinking and writing about.
When I interviewed Cecilia some weeks ago, she spontaneously said "is there any antagonism?".

No comments: