Monday, September 10, 2007

Politicians

I am sitting here in front of the computer but I also have the TV on, listening on a speech by a new leader of a political party, for a liberal party. It probably doesn't matter much exactly which party it is but I can't help get annoyed by the tendency of politicians to run down* the opposite parties about what they have done and how they think. Of course they don't agree, that is kind of the idea, but does it make the own party better that the opposite party might not have succeeded? I personally get more positive towards thoughts and ideas when people/politicians speak of THEIR idea in a positive way, eg. "We, the X party, would like to do this and this because that and that. We believe that the society would be a better one in this way." than "The X party did this and this and it is now all shit. Their legacy is really bad, they are idiots. Vote for us.".

But that's just me.

* racka ner

---

After the speech in an interview of the the political party leader the journalist actually ask him about just about running down another party. He says that one should inform about the differences between the parties, make it more exciting. Well, in my ears that sounds just like a poor defence, why show how good yourself are instead of showing how bad the others are? Hm.


Finally I'd just like to add that this goes for all the parties and is easiest to notice in election times, which it won't be for another three years. I don't know if some are worse than others, I just don't like the way of getting ideas forward.


Pic from here.

No comments: