Friday, September 28, 2007

The Maybe

There are many words to dislike, depending on one's preferences. There is one particularly I really don't like and it is the word "maybe". Unfortunately I have to use it every now and then myself but I don't like to use it and I really don't like when others use it. It tend to be followed by a "no" and all the hopes, wishes and more or less fixed plans turn to nothing. "Maybe we can meet/do..." but then nothing. I am well aware of the fact that there are times when you simply don't know but until it becomes a "yes" and the plans are followed through, there is this tension of not knowing and one's maybe turn into other's maybes because people are connected. I can't help being the type of person who likes to know and understand things. "Maybe (=maybe not) we can meet at...", "Maybe (= maybe not) I can get this job", "Maybe (= maybe not) I can afford doing...", "Maybe (= maybe not) I will catch the train". The maybes aren't always said out loud but they are still there. I am the kind of person who needs variation and change but it doesn't mean that I like uncertainty. It gets straight to my head and my stomach and as a consequent also affects my mood. It is a thing that doesn't make me calmer if I put like that and those who knows me know that that is something I don't need, to be more..."energetic".

No comments: