Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ma Cheri, part I

My darling... My family had a Dobermann named Cheri for many years before I turned out to suffer from allergy to my dear furry love and others with the same trait, so we had to sell her. Cheri's real name (on the papers only), or part of it, was actually Amulett which has inspired me to use that name in different situations. Let me put it like this, she protected me like no one else ever has, she wasn't a watch dog for nothing! In a way, I probably was the baby she never had. Such loyalty, fun and beauty. I cried like a baby when I was told that she had died (she got sick) with her new owners, who had been really good to her. I still remember that day even if it was more than a decade ago. I loved that dog!


This is not Cheri, but might just as well have been and this is how I remember her, in this state of mind.


"they are relentless in pursuing a threat to their family. They are not easily deterred from their "job" of guard and protection, and take the threat on the family totally seriously, and will not give up the protest until assured that "it's all right, now"."

"He is focused on his family and wants to please and do exactly what they want him to do. He will bond and attach himself to the family and execute his role as companion and protector like no other breed can."

I always get mad when I see a Dobermann on TV because they are NEVER described in a positive way. You yourself can start counting the times when you see a dobermann when they are not described as a vicious killer dog. I have done that for years and the positive occasions are less than the number of fingers one hand. Of course this breed need a lot of attention and firm hand and is not for everyone, although that is not the reason itself that they are described as dangerous. ALL dogs are potentially dangerous if not handled in a proper way, even the small ones.

"If the Doberman is not trained, respected and properly disciplined---they have the capability of doing great harm to someone, even a family member. It is no different than a child that must be raised with rules and respect for the adults (parents)."

This is just so obvious that I almost feel stupid even having to bring this up!

Quots from:

http://bakaridobes.westhost.com/publiceducation/PECTraining.html

...which btw give a lot of good information about this dog.

No comments: