Friday, November 24, 2006

Good day

I needed this day, it was a good day with nice things in it. Too many days since that happened. Started off by going to visit an old Swedish diplomat for an interview that I need for school. Talked for 2,5 hours which is much more than I had planned for. It was very interesting and fun to listen to him speak about what he has experienced. So the 2,5 hours wasn't a long time since I enjoyed it. I look forward meeting and interviewing more diplomats and hear their stories and their experiences.




After I spent a while in a small red sofa, eating a tasty bagel with chicken, listening to the music palying in the background and reading through my notes. This while it was grey and rainy outside. 14.50 I went out in the rain, hurried to listen and see Margot Wallström. For those who don't know who she is, she is the Vice-President for the European Commission. She is very involved with environmental issues and that what was she was talking about today, smart growth! That is about sustainable environment development. She is a good speaker and had a lot of good points even if her speach was more or less general. After, I managed to get a photo och her and me together :-)

Her blog (in English of course):



At 16.00 there was still 2 hours to go before the Amnesty meeting was going to start but I went to the premises since I just might as well wait there. No point of going home since, too little time. The meeting started at the premises but we soon moved to one of the others kitchen close by which was quite nice. Had our coffee/tea and some saffron buns there while discussing all the matters. Even if I don't go to all the meetings (practial reasons) I enjoy being there. Nice atmosphere and nice people.






No comments: