Saturday, April 21, 2007

The benefit of writing

There is a really good thing about blogging and putting your thoughts "on paper" and it is that it requires that you reflect more carefully about HOW you structure your thoughts, how they might be perceived but also about the content. It helps to sift* out some of the constant thoughts and take away some of the impulsivety that speaking allows people, like me, to keep bothering people with.

Today I felt that once again talked to much in a not so structured way and maybe even a little nervous way. Being an actual, and at the same time only seemingly confident big-mouth doesn't mean that there isn't some nervousness behind all that. With some people you want to be just a little bit better, intelligent and interesting in general, choose the words and subjects more carefully since talking a little too much reveals the things you wish you weren't or at least didn't show. Too many times I have found myself doing and being the opposite that I intended to. Impulse control deficiency is a menace. It can sometimes leave me in a deficit of knowledge in areas that I honestly am interested in knowing and understanding better. The other person might have given me more if I had chosen my words more carefully and listening better. Writing focus the energy instead of letting it the energy act like crazy, which tend to be my normal state of mind.

On the other hand. One should never forget that life is a kind of giant puzzle where one pieces at a time falls into place and the bigger picture finally reveals itself. It just takes some time to get the hang of it.

Now I am so tired that I am almost falling of the chair. A bed awaits me and in 3 hours I will have to leave it again.

* sålla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is easier to WRITE down ones thoughts, because you have time to think slowly about every word. But what a silent world it should be if we never tried to express our opinions and feelings through the mouth. Even if this kind of communication between people somtetimes is risky.But mostly it is the best way even if stupid words are coming out from the mouth now and then. However mostly the "listener" forget it immediately. The wise words however stay. Atleast mot times.