Monday, April 09, 2007

# 2

I know many who doesn't seem to have principals etc. but on the other hand I know quite a few people that say that they believe in a God but they hardly seem to live by the the things they say they believe in. So even if I don't always agree with a very dear friend of mine, I truly respect her for trying to be a better person (privately and as a Christian) based more on her belief. But, being religious does NOT automatically make a person a better person. I strongly believe that if you can't "love thy next as you would love yourself" and RESPECT him or her no matter that person's choices and feelings, I can't see how you can be a good religious person, nor being a good person in general. It's hard, but if you don't even honestly try, then... I know from constant experience that it can be very hard trying to live by your own rules, whether they are based on a belief in a God or something else, because of the people around you who can't really accept it and see you as a weirdo because of it. I know that also because I know how hard it can be to hear a strong opinion that I simply can't agree with or that I feel an emotional distance to. I don't like that about myself but it in itself is a test of my believes.
to be continued...

No comments: