Friday, March 02, 2007

Language teachers

It struck me on my way home today from my first Spanish class (evening class) that all the evening class teachers I know, from own experience or as friends, they are all very, very nice people! I remember the first one, McKena... She was my dear French teacher while I was in Mexico. She was adorable and always very kind and patient with me..and she gave me good grades for that matter. I am not 100% sure that I actually earned them but maybe I did. The second class I took (don't think I ever paid for it) was with my friend Gayle from Canada who had conversation classes in which I only participated in to have some company and to meet people. My sweet very curly Gayle who did NOT appreciate the useless bureaucracy where she worked (some place to help children), an opinion she shared with our friend Jennifer from Quebec (they were 24 and 25 at the time). I wonder what has happened to them since then... One conclusion I can draw from my friendship with these Canadians is that Swedes seem to have a lot more in common with them than with Mexicans, in general at least. So, except for these three I have a couple of other friends, who teaches in Spanish and English. I never went to any of their classes but one seemed to like correcting my mistakes. I guess that is what happens when hanging out with teachers:-) I hope I'm not making TOO many mistakes here in my blog at least. It is good when people correct you since it is a good way of improving your language skills even if it isn't all that funny being reminded of your flaws sometimes.

Yes, I really do like all of these language teachers... Too bad I can't meet them more often than I have so far.

1 comment:

Rasmus Karlsson said...

Completely unrelated to your post but yesterday I discovered http://www.twingly.se/ - rather cool to get a link to my weblog from DN...

It is also a bit scary because when I have to think a bit more before writing.