Thursday, November 06, 2008

Nat - the heavy metal informant?

For the first time today :-) A guy at work shares my special liking in melodic heavy metal and now he asked ME for tips about newer heavy metal bands. That never happens, I'm always the one seeking other people's advice for new music. It's mainly my brother, brother in law and Christian (who often also is my brother's informant) who gives me new input. I played this song, "Believe" by Disturbed for the guy at work and he liked it, just as I thought he would. I think that even people like my parents could listen to this without thinking it is too heavy. It it quite melodic, just like I like it. And...I looked up the lyrics and they are interesting, especially what I marked in another colour.



"Believe"

Believe, when you lie
You will never need to recognize yourself
To deceive
To remove all chance of doubt and be received
With your lie
The deception is complete when you concede
And decide
To reject your lives, sacrificed to me

Penance can't absolve your sin, into me
Penance can't absolve your sin
All your belief cannot absolve your sin

Believe, when you lie
You will never need to recognize the source
Of deceit
To renew your faith in God
You must believe, in your lie
The redemption is complete when you conceive
And decline
To release your lives
Sacrificed to me

Reap your life, like you want to recognize, all you've come to

Reap your life
Veiled in shadow
Recognize
Faces of the crucified
I can hear their screams tonight
Ever haunting me

Burn your lie into me

If you are interested in the discussion about the meaning of this song, I'd recommend you to read here. Who said that heavy metal is just mindless or even evil junk?

No comments: