Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Under construction

By accident I found something a friend wrote recently. Saw that he's been to India. Always traveling around the world and still after several years of friendship I don't quite understand how he can afford it on a PhD salary, although sometimes he skips the...you know, the having a home part and simply live simple.

He also writes: "I could not help thinking about how we actually construct our memories, how we filter and reify. How we chose to remember the fighting when there was also playfulness and romance when there was so much insecurity." Wise words from a wise friend and without a doubt the most intelligent one I have. He's probably just a wise by taking a break from life and rebuilding it a little. But I miss him in that process. He deserves the best, just hope he figures it out.

No comments: