Monday, February 25, 2008

Two is definetely not a crowd

I think I know only two people here in Sweden, who is not a parent of mine, that I know understand the feeling of wanting to live abroad, the need to do so and who dream about it. One of the two people have lived in other countries for at least some months at a time and the other is very soon about to move to another continent permanently (I guess). Some people just seem to wonder why on earth I'd like to be away from Sweden, my family and friends. Well, they are not going anywhere and there is literally a whole world out there to learn from, to experience and to love. Well, I am not leaving soon anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm positive many ppl share your urge to travel and "meet the world" out there. I assume most ppl are a bit "questioning" because they tend to look at it in a "bothersome angle" like "it will not be any better there" or "the world is basically the same over there". I don't know much bout that myself, guess I have no opionion on this subject other than it sure is a very interesting goal you have there.

Natasja said...

Of course there are many who are like me but I just don't have many around me at the moment who does. I just want to clarify that I am not only interested in traveling for short periods of time like a week or two, I prefer to stay at least for a month and even several in one place to get to know it and the people there. Otherwise it only get superficial. Some might think that it is the same abroad but I also think that some don't like the change, the differences and the giving up the comfort/safe life they have, no matter whether it is a good life or not so good. Goal? You see, I have a very international upbringing, it has had an effect on me.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you´ll get a job abroad, so now you know that there are 3 people who understand your urge to live abroad!!!!
Love/Sis

Anonymous said...

I really hope you´ll get a job abroad, so now you know that there are 3 people who understand your urge to live abroad!!!!
Love/Sis

Natasja said...

You DO?? I clearly remember when you asked me why I want to go abroad, not seeming to understand me at all :-) Or did you mean you or somebody else? I'm confused.