Friday, February 08, 2008

First and second impression

Usually you get a first impression of a person which often tend to be quite accurate. In some cases you have to revise your opinion when you get to know the person better. I have a good example on a person who turned out to be nicer than I first thought.

I met a Colombian guy through a friend in Slovakia. That first time I got the impression that he was negative and a little arrogant and he managed to annoy me almost immediately. I kept bumping into him and we became friends. What's so special about him is that he went from being the arrogant guy to the only one who actually cared enough about me to comfort me when I was feeling sad and lonely (despite all the people I met everyday). No olvidaré. He was also the only person who came to my place when I was packing my belongings (I was leaving the country the next morning) to keep me company and to say good bye. When he finally left, he refused to give me a hug and just gave me the two kisses on the cheeks. His way of saying "see ya" instead of "good bye".

You see, you should always give people a real chance to show who they really are, not judging them to quickly.

Manda abrazos a tu bonita esposa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Nelson, don't be such a darn wiseguy, but I'm positive he had a little bit of a crush on you there and maybe even you had a bit of a "thingy" for him? Do you guys still keep in touch? Who knows, might turn out to be something even if hs's far away, world is quite small today with airplanes, Internet etc? What does the last sentence mean (spanish I believe)?

Natasja said...

No, it wasn't at all like that, he was just nice to me in a simple way. IF there would have been something else from his part, I sure didn't notice it. No, I don't have much contact with him at all, for no real particular reason, we just live in different countries and live separate life. I sent him the link to this blog post. I don't no if he has read it yet or if he'll read this but he should know that he's still welcome to come here with his wife Lenka and see all the old castles in the area I life (and there are quite a few) (he's got a thing for old castles). My parents already said that they'll take us for a round trip in their car if he they do. The last sentence means "Give hugs from me to your pretty wife".