Wednesday, August 06, 2008

She was raped by her husband.

Today I talked to a woman a know a little. She told me about her ex with whom she has a teenage daughter with. She told me that one night he came in to the bedroom where she and the daughter were sleeping and raped her.

She reported it to the police. She gave them her statement. Then it took 6 months for a police officer to return to her. This police officer, for her unknown man, called her at 8 pm one night and asked her to tell her story again. When she didn't want to under those circumstances and since thinking about the rape hardly was what she wanted to do, he just said "then I can't help you". Then nothing more happened.

She is hardly the only one...

Do I even have to say what she feels about the police and the system?

No comments: