Sunday, October 14, 2007

Christian right?

I don't understand why that is. Isn't there a Christian left? Can't people be Christian and not being and having the same opinions as the Swedish Christian Party and/or the Republicans? Of course there are Christians on the left side but honestly, how often do we hear about it in politics? Do not think that I think that religion should be part of politics, I really don't, but still, why "is" Christian right (in both senses)? Maybe the left Christians think that their believes don't have anything to do with politics (I have no idea, this is just me thinking out loud) but in a way I miss the leftish values from a Christian point of view, or is Christianity about low taxes, the free market, deregulation, private schools/health care? If nothing else to show people in general the different possibilities about how one can see and act from that view and simply to learn more.
I'd love for someone to explain to me what eg. privatisation has to do with God! And no, I am not being ironic...

No comments: