Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In the summertime

by Mungo Jerry.

It is summertime and I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can, both at work and in my spare time. At work I try to finish my tasks quickly so I can sneak away to chat with one or several of the nice guys there. They and the independency is the two good things about work. The good things are many more in my spare time. The people around me and the things I do with them Eg. last Friday I had a BBQ in the forest with some of these people, followed by frisbee playing, ice cream outdoors at 10 pm followed by some Sing Star. I really don't know how to sing by Alicia Key's "Falling" actually went relatively (!) well ;-)

Saturday: shopping for some hours then dinner in the sun followed by a several hour long walk through a larger city down to the ocean and back. It is something special to first have a pineapple ice cream and then a cold beer while enjoying the sunset by the sea. Seagulls quietly flying above your head. Yesterday my parents visits from Brazil came and had some "marängsviss" at my place. They are really nice people and I sure do understand why my parents have been so excited about they coming to visit for a couple of weeks. Five people in my living room and three languages in constant mix, well, mostly Portuguese and English. So for you Gustavo and Kamila, a big kiss!

Walks by the ocean, dinner with special people, thousands of pictures, celebrating kid's birthdays, laughter in loads, the warming sun and just an hour ago, heavy rain with thunder to even the balance between heaven and earth again.

What can I say? Life is good!

No comments: