Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Who's world is most narrow?

From Facebook today:

Natasja: I don't know how many time I've heard/read that people using FB a lot should "go and see your friends in person or call them, get a life". Well, to me that only tells me ONE thing about them, that all their friends and people they want to see and talk to probably live within 50 km. I just made a list of the countries that are represented on MY FB list, came up with 49 countries!

Not an easy task since people move around a lot and several of my Swedish friends don't live in Sweden anymore. Many live in another country that they were born and/or raised in.

Algeriet
Australien
Bangladesh
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brasilien
Bulgarien
Chile
Colombia
Danmark
Elfenbenskusten
England
Finland
Frankrike
Ghana
Hong Kong
Indien
Israel
Italien
Japan
Kanada (inkl Quebec)
Kosovo
Kroatien
Kurdistan
Lettland
Marocko
Mexico
Mongoliet
Nederländerna
Norge
Nya Zeeland
Peru
Polen
Portugal
Rumänien
Ryssland
Senegal
Serbien
Slovakien
Slovenien
Spanien
Sverige
Sydkorea
Tjeckien
Turkiet
Tyskland
Ungern
Uruguay
USA
Österrike

So yes, I am very happy to be able to sit by my computer and talk to people in 25 % of the countries in the world. Not that I always talk to all these people of course but they are never further away than a "like" or a comment about what they think and write.

2 comments:

Moema said...

You are soo right, sis!

Remzi said...

I completely agree with you - we don't live in an isolated world anymore. If we want to be in touch with our friends, e-way is the way to go. Well said ;)