Thursday, August 06, 2009

Training

Woke up at 7 am, which I think I will have to do every day that I am staying here. I would have liked to be able to sleep at least an hour more, but what won’t I do for humanity. As the night person I am, getting into bed early is not my strongest side so I usually have to pay for that with being tired all day. Unlike the other volunteers, I have to get up early to attend the morning meeting with the other leaders and our very dear volunteer coordinators before the the real work begins. To put it simple, this resort is HUGE, to the extent that I got lost trying to get to breakfast and I am not alone being lost.


After breakfast we had a half day of leader training where we got to know more about out our tasks to come, about each other etc. It didn’t take long to figure out that the other leaders and coordinators are really great people. We are from: US, Sweden/Bolivia/Brazil, Canada/France, Mongolia and Italy. This was followed by team training with the rest of the volunteers (we are in total 39, divided into four groups with four different main tasks). Info and getting to know each other. Dinner. The buffet we having is massive and it’s a lot of good stuff. I’ll get back to that again later. The waiter at the table I sat at that nights is named Hasan. A 100 % Turkish guy with red hair and freckles who was really interested in speaking to us, asking us where we are from etc. Very close to my room (that I am sharing with three other Swedish girls) there is a nice pool, so at around 11 pm I went for a swim and it was really nice. Before going to be I went out on the balcony in my bikini, Skyping with M, chatted with a good Mexican friend and checking my email. Just a great day of ending an exciting and eventful day.

1 comment:

Moema said...

nd me, for a little while:-)
Leia is impossilbe, hence the comment in this late hour. Totally upset, don´t know why:-P