Monday, January 05, 2009

2008 & Amnesty

Maybe I should summarize the year that passed? I'm a bit inspired of a friend who did that. The more I think about it, I realize that it is pretty hard thing to do, in public like this at least. On the outside I guess that there are not that big of a difference, for example I still don't have a new job that I can feel satisfied with, but considering the more personal things both this and that has happened.

Moments:
* a sister (not mine!) who told lies and made a mess of several relationships (I sure wonder what she was thinking about)
* good byes (although I wonder how good they tend to be)
* a few new friends
* insights

There is one thing though that has become even more evident this year and that is my involvement in Amnesty. I have become group secretary for my group, member of the board for the part of Sweden that I live in, traveled to Stockholm for a budget meeting, different courses, seminars, camps, ran around at a couple of concerts talking to hundreds of strangers, gotten to know a whole bunch of new people from all of Sweden and all the different levels of the Swedish organization. Went to a workshop about how to become a better leader, but that one was held in Malmö. Up next is a course held in Stockholm in the beginning of February about multitude, how Amnesty works to get a better multitude within the organization, methods how to do it at a locoal level and how to create and lead groups with great multitude. During October I spent 12 days working for Amnesty. Too bad I don't get paid ;-) It's all worth it because I love it. I know that many people might not understand that but that's not my problem. They don't know what they are missing out on.

No comments: