Monday, June 16, 2008

Open home

My mother has always said to us children that we should use all the things from our upbringing that we think are good when we raise our own children and the rest, well, just get rid of it. There is one thing that I most definitely want to pass on to my future children (shit, did I just screw up my possibilities to get a job by saying that I, a woman, is planning to get children one day?? I am DOOOOMED!). That is to have an open home with lots of people visitng from all over the world, relatives, friends and friend's friends. Having extra couches here and there, having an extra person at the breakfast table and go see attractions nearby that I usually don't even go see myself otherwise. Have long talks over a glas of wine at night at the porch about all kinds of stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Underbar önskan, som jag delar. Opretentiöst umgänge med vänner känns som en stor lyx i livet, en del av livets innersta mening.

Tack för Din långa kommentar på min blogg, härligt att något jag skriver kan inspirera någon annan!

Mitt hem är varierande och jag har inte heller allt jag vill ha, även jag av ekonomiska skäl. Det är bra att ha en blogg där jag kan samla vackra ting som plånboken inte tillåter att jag köper.

Visst är det härligt att bli så där lyrisk över saker man upptäcker, inte bara för ögats fägring, utan inom alla aspekter i livet.

Underbar säng på bilden. Lite "Kalle och Hobbe möter utomjordingar möter Karim Rashid" över den. :-)