Thursday, May 29, 2008

My dad is the best

It's hardly breaking news. I got congratulations from people I know and people I don't know, all because my dad asked them to send me a message. One even wrote the following:

"Grattis på födelsedagen! Hoppas att du får en kul dag med spännande upplevelser men också tid över för eftertanke. Vad händer med tiden egentligen? Finns tid? Och om den finns vart tar den vägen? Sådant är värt att grunna på - då och då. Fast inte för ofta. Bättre att leva medan man gör det, som konstnären, författaren med mere Piet Hein skrev en gång. Och om livet sa hans landsman, existensialisten Søren Kirkegaard: historien kan egentligen bara begrundas, livet måste levas framåt. Vilket ju stämmer. Att leva baklänges är inte lätt."

It's about what time is, where it goes, but what is even better to think of is to live, that life is to be lived forward. Living backwards isn't easy. I don't even know the man who wrote this but he took the time to think about it and write it.

The big day was the 27th. Had a nice little dinner with a couple of friends. Loads of laughter and food.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, even if it's a little too late. So, how old are you now? Did you get any nice gifts?

Natasja said...

Thank you :-) How old do you think I am? Yes, I got, among other things, this: http://www.coolstuff.se/p819/BarbarSolcellsladdare.html It is a portable charger with solar panel. Good for the environment, my economy + that it is portable, eg. if travelling. I am going to use to my mobile phone but it works with other things too.

Anonymous said...

Du är min själ snabbt på det!:-)

Natasja said...

Snabb? Vadå? :-)

Anonymous said...

Tack för rubriken. Den behövs för att jag ska kunna bygga vidare på mitt självförtroende.