Thursday, July 26, 2007

Elvis - the Prejudice Philosofer

This I have stolen from a girl I went to school with. I couldn't agree more!

Elvis - a cartoon figure in "Metro" that I love. He's made me laugh the last few years in the early mornings on the buses and trains.

A quote from Elvis:


"Jag vet inte vad som borde bekymra mig mest...att jag är fördomsfull eller att vissa lever upp till mina fördomar..."

"I don't know what should worry me most...that I am prejudice or that some live up to my prejudices..."

Eg. that applies to some of the people I know. Background + level of education + vocabulary + level of tasks at work + what jokes they find amusing etc. All leading up to my stereotype picture of intolerant/ignorant and uneducated people and how they see others unlike themselves (do I even have to mention that it includes religion, skin colour and sexual preferences?). Trust me, I wish I was wrong about them but each day that goes by, my suspicions are just more and more confirmed.

No comments: