Friday, July 23, 2010

Food for my eyes

I love the fact that Blogger now offers a whole range of different background pictures to use but that also leads to a lot of indecisiveness when it comes to actually picking one. There are a lot of beautiful ones but they should also suit me. To be honest, how well would a light blue summer sky with some flowers in the foreground suit me? Or what about the cute yellow chicks, or the pale pinkish flowers in a cool pattern etc? Then there is the simple background with not much movement and/or colors versus those which are just that. As you can see, I picked a colorful one with a little more saturated colors and not to mention the fact that they are in my favorite scale, bluegreenish. Compare it to choosing a cake. Would you choose the plain, tiny, beige cake even if you know it is more healthy for you rather than the big brownie with the thick layer of chocolate glazing and cream on the side that actually makes you enjoy eating a cake?

It's past 3.30 am by now and I am finally giving up for the compelling sleep. It leaves no time for changing the text colors etc. but I'll get to that, eventually. Who knows, I might not even keep this specific background. So, what do you think about it?

This post might seem labeled in a odd way. This is not art, this is a blog but this post is about colors, design and the feelings they create.

2 comments:

Moema said...

Häftigt att kunna göra så!!! :-D

Natasja said...

Det kan väl du också göra om du känner för det? :-)